Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vine Triptych






With my Triptych I wanted to capture how my lifestyle allows me to be completely disconnected from the natural world, from where I spend my time, to what I eat/drink, and to how I can remove myself from weather. I like to think of myself as an outdoorsy person, I like backpacking and love to get out on trail, but in my day to day life I am complete removed from nature. It's something we have constructed out of convenience, and even though I like my excursions out in the wild, and I would like to spend more time without a roof over me, I'm just not willing to sacrifice all the small conveniences I have.

For my last video I actually tried to do something else first, but my questionable phone couldn't really manage cutting as fast as I needed to. What I had in mind was a series of fast cuts of my closing a car door, then my car window, then my house door, then a normal window, to show all of the conveniently closable portals we have to nature. Unfortunately my phone takes so long to start and stop recording that I couldn't do that, so I had to settle. Such is the struggle of an artist.




No comments:

Post a Comment